Thursday, February 13, 2014

How are you feeling?


“How are you feeling?"
It seems like this is the first question out of everyone's mouth when they hear I am pregnant.  Apparently people want to know.  And that's cool.  I'll tell ya!  But, I've got to wonder: do people really want to know?  I mean REALLY really?? 

Well, I figured I should record how I am feeling because I don't want to forget it.  So, I'm going to tell you for real...even though you may or may not care/desire the TMI I am about to bestow.
A list of things I am feeling...
  • Elated
  • Grateful
  • Tired.  Very tired.
  • Sore?? Don't know why...maybe because I am trying to train myself to sleep on my side...or maybe from that wet snow I shoveled and, like my husband said, I might be out of shape.  It's true...I stopped exercising about a month prior to starting Clomid in hopes it might help me ovulate.  It's true, but I don't think he should say that again.  It made me a little ummm,...
  • Unstable? 
  • Stunned (Still can't quite believe this.  In fact, I can't seem to get rid of the HPT.  I keep it in the medicine cabinet and smile in bewilderment each time I see it.)
  • Busty...which is really exciting!!!  I've always been a bit adolescent in that department...I wonder if they'll get big enough to touch each other without assistance??  A girl can dream!
  • Hungry
  • Not queasy per say...but "un-good" throughout the day
  • Metallic...like I've been sucking on a bunch of dirty pennies
  • Happy to not be living in the parts of Europe where you have to pay to use the restroom.  I'd be broke. 
  • Extra phlemy (left over cold/flu??)
  • Bloated
  • Constipated
WOAH!  Stop the bus!  Did I just say that?  So maybe that one is an exaggeration...it's not terrible, but things are definitely moving slower than normal.  See...I don't think people REALLY want to know how I'm feeling, just whether I am puking or not.  So when they ask, I typically respond with "Good, but tired," or "Pretty good, but always kind of hungry," even though I think the grammatically correct response would be "Well" or "Pretty well."  Who talks like that though?  Sorry, not me.  And neither will the future because I am teaching them.

Anyhow...I am doing very well, thank you.  I have a few early symptoms, but I am so elated and grateful that not a one of them is "bothering" me.  Bring it on, I say.  Bring on the pregnancy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment