Sunday, June 8, 2014

Here's a Quickie ;)


Hi y'all!
What a crazy couple of weeks it has been...lots going on, lots to share...I swear I've been writing posts in my head for weeks.  Some of them deep, some funny, some celebratory, some whiney.  But alas, I need to fold laundry and get to bed so I can make it through one more week of school. 
Hallelujah, BTW. 
1 more week of school.
I am ready for summer...and think I am feeling the nesting instinct coming on pretty strong.  I am trying to hold off on hunting for cobwebs, cleaning light fixtures, vacuuming every nook and cranny, etc. until I get out of school. But seriously, all those little things are glaring at me all the time and starting to make me mad. 
Like the crazy kind of mad.  Insane!
Anyhow...biggest baby news since my last post??? 
It's a BOY!!!
And gosh darn it if he isn't the cutest little fella I ever did see...
Love those little dukes:)

Here he is all curled up and attempting to suck his thumb.  It was so cute...he kept opening his mouth and fumbling around but couldn't quite get what he was after.

Profile shot in 2D

This is him resting on his arm and the placenta like a little pillow.

And some tiny toes...
 
Even better news than being able to say "he" instead of baby or he/she all the time is that everything they needed to measure looked great and he had a heartbeat of 138.  He was pretty comfy with his head on my right side and his feet over on the left, tummy facing up toward my ribs. They were trying to get him to flip around a bit for some other measurements of his heart and spine and he just wasn't being real cooperative.  His active times are pretty consistently between 10-11 (both am and pm) and also in the 5-7pm window.  I wasn't too upset he was being stubborn though, because that just means I get to see him again in a couple of weeks:).
I can't remember exactly where I left off, but here are last week's belly pics on "Gender Reveal Day."


21 weeks 

 
Now seriously, I've got to go move some laundry!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Boys are so much fun! I'm happy to hear you are both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your baby boy! Oh, that's so fun. Good luck this week at school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! And what exciting news that you are having an adorable baby BOY! So wonderful. I always wonder how those techs get such specific shots on those little guys -- the profile AND feet...amazing. Congrats on almost being done with school, too--that is a really big hallelujah! Then you can truly relax (if cobweb hunting counts as relaxing). Love all the good news!

    ReplyDelete