Saturday, May 3, 2014

17 Week Update and Belly Pics

Week 17 began on Thursday and things seem to be going fine.  I don't feel like there is a whole lot to report...no wacky dreams (that I remember well enough to relay), no emotional outbursts.

Something has felt "off" though and I can't put my finger on it.  I know I've been having nightmares, but I can't ever completely recall them when I wake up.  I just remember the fear.  I had more pain that began Sunday night and lasted through the day on Monday.  It ran all up and down my right side this time.  And I've had pain on and off all week since...mostly groin area when I change positions.  I'm attributing that to round ligaments stretching because it is brief and fits all the descriptions of round ligament pain that I've read.  And I feel like we've grow a lot this past week or two, so I know things are getting stretched out in there.  So, I'm trying not to worry too much because I think it is all normal...but I can't shake the feeling that something is "off."  That feeling could very easily be thanks to other stressers in my life...let's hope so.
May 29th feels so far away, although I am sure it will be here before I know it.  But waiting until then to see/hear baby again feels like FOREVER!  So, I keep begging the little one to kick really hard or something to reassure me he/she is alright and growing.  Did I tell you I *think* I felt this kiddo about a week ago??  I mean, it was very subtle...almost unnoticeable...but it was an incredible feeling, even if I was making it up.
Anyhow, I am holding onto the fact that I seem to get bigger every day...proof of something, right?  My husband points out how "round" I'm getting at least 5 times a day...not in a bad way, he always follows up with how cute we look and how much he loves us both.  I am more grateful than ever for him, our life, and this little sunbeam of ours.  Thank goodness for sunshine, right??  Oh, and waffles too.  Thank goodness for waffles.
And now, some belly pics...
*I'm not always good about taking the picture on "picture day" as we've dubbed each Thursday, but you'll get the idea.

This was the first picture we took...can't remember exactly when...maybe 6 or 7 weeks.  I was SURE I was showing.  And I thought my boobs were HUGE (go ahead and laugh)!


11 weeks. And that's Sadie with the pink collar.  She always wants to be in the picture.  I think we have at least one picture each week with Sadie in it.


12 weeks



13 weeks



14 weeks


15 weeks



16 weeks...pop!  Goodbye hip bones! Sorry, no week 17 photos yet...stay tuned!


 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I had many times of thinking I was HUUUUGE only to catch a glimps of myself just right in a mirror a week later. The human body is crazy! So glad things are going well for you-- getting close to halfway-- ENJOY it!!!

    ReplyDelete